Planning a Wedding Reception?
Questions to Ask, Things you need to look for..So you have a “No Surprises” Wedding Reception!
1. Tables and Chairs- Does the venue provide tables and chairs? How many are available? Is there an extra fee?
2. Parking – Is there ample parking for the number of guests you will have? Is there a parking fee? Is the parking convenient for all? (consider elderly, quests with disabilities, deliveries from vendors)
3. Bathrooms – Will the bathrooms accommodate your guests? Are they clean?
4. Changing rooms – Do they have a changing room for use for the bridal party, if needed?
5. Kitchen / Catering – Does the banquet facility allow outside caterers? Is alcohol allowed? Do you have use of the Kitchen? Is there an extra fee?
6. Sound System/ Electricity- Is there a sound system available? What all sound components are available? (microphone, speaker, etc) What type of electrical outlets does the facility have? (will this work for your DJ or band) ; Does the facility have enough electrical “juice” to handle your sound needs? What about a dance floor?
7. Decorations / Candles / etc – Are there any limitations on decorating for your reception? Is there anything, in the manner of decorations that the banquet hall does not allow? Can you have Candles on the tables?
8. Access – Can you have your decorators/ vendors deliver and setup the day before? How soon can you have access to start setup prior to your wedding reception?
9. Attendant - Will the banquet hall have a “go to ” person on site during your event and setup?
10. Cleanup – Will you need to pay for cleanup after the event, or can you have your own clean up crew do the job? Is there a fee for this?
11. Deposits / Contracts – What is the rental fee? Are there any deposits? Is there a reduced fee for having a reception during the week vs. weekends? Ask to see the contract up front. Look at any cancellation fees or the banquet halls’ refund policy.
- Beaumont Elks Lodge – Full chef kitchen available for your own catering/ cooking (Beaumont)
- Compro Event Center - Will help you with all of your planning. Great for very large weddings! (Beaumont)
- The Brown Center - Whether you are considering a large or small event, The Brown Center offers a classic background for you and your guests. (Orange)
- Beau Reve - Historical Elegant Mansion with landscaped grounds, patio and plenty of parking for your guests. (Port Arthur)
- Suga’s Deep South Cuisine - Great Party Room upstairs, with full video/sound system, and a great outdoor view on their beautiful covered patio! See their catering menu here or call them to ask about special requests (Beaumont)
- The Garden District – Looking for affordability? The Garden District tries to work with any size budget. (Orange)
- MCM Elegante - Have your wedding and reception in one place. Full catering services and your out of town guests will appreciate having one location for your celebration! (Beaumont)
- Brentwood Country Club - Can accommodate up to 150 guests for a seated dinner and up to 250 for a cocktail reception with a variety of dining & buffet packages (Beaumont)
- Katharine & Company – Large or small, elegant, festive and memorable reception catering! (Beaumont)
- Suga’s Deep South Cuisine - Suga’s now offers Off-site catering! Suga’s will cater your reception at any facility you choose! (Beaumont)
- Bando’s Catering - Bando’s calls their style of Catering as being “handcrafted”, meaning they create a visual art with their food that is truly unique. (Beaumont)
Most all local restaurants can handle catering for any size wedding. You will find menus here on EatDrinksetx.com to review for their food selections, but don’t hesitate to call them directly if you do not see a special catering menu listed on their page!